You are hereBack to top
Scholastic Parents Night: Keeping Kids Engaged as Readers
With so many TV shows, video games, and other things to do, how can we help kids get excited about picking up a book—and continue reading it?
In our second Scholastic Parents Night event, Scholastic authors, editors, and education experts will share tips and answer your burning questions about how to keep kids engaged as readers, build their skills, and grow their confidence.
We will joined by:
- Moderator John Schu - Lecturer at Rutgers University, Ambassador of School Libraries for Scholastic, host of the Facebook show Book Joy Live, and the author of the popular blog Watch. Read. Connect.
- Pam Allyn: Co-Author of Every Child a Super Reader and Founder of LitWorld
- Andrea Davis Pinkney - Vice President and Executive Editor, Award-Winning Author
- Phil Falco - Creative Director (Graphix)
- Malcolm Mitchell - Author of My Very Favorite Book in the Whole Wide World, Founder of Share the Magic Foundation
- Ernest Morrell: Co-author of Every Child a Super Reader and Director for the Center for Literacy Education at the University of Notre Dame
- Lauren Tarshis - Author of the I Survived series, Publisher of Scholastic Classroom Magazines
Attendees who visit the store after the event will receive a goodie bag (on a first come, first serve basis), and all attendees will receive digital activities, brochures and more!
See below for a list of books you can purchase before or after the event.